Frequently asked questions
Who is eligible to apply for a grant from the Reidsville Area Foundation?

To be eligible to apply for a grant from the Foundation, an applicant must be either:


     A public charity as described under Section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986.

     A governmental unit that is applying for grant funds solely for public purposes.

     A public institution that is applying for grant funds solely for public purposes.


What is the Foundation’s service area?

Rockingham County. The Foundation provides funding solely for the benefit of the citizens of Rockingham County. 

How do I submit an application for a grant?

The process begins with a telephone consultation to discuss your project idea.  Application forms are available online but will be considered only after an initial telephone consultation.  


What are your deadlines for grant requests?
Telephone consultations can be scheduled at any time.  Following your telephone consultation, our Program Officer will advise you on the deadline for submitting your grant application, if you are invited to apply.


Should I contact the Foundation prior to submitting an application?

Yes!  All proposals should be discussed with our Program Officer in a telephone consultation prior to application. RAF staff are always happy to talk through new ideas with you.

Do you provide grant funding for capital projects?

Yes. Grants may be awarded for equipment purchases or for construction, for projects within our funding priorities.


Do you fund general operating costs of organizations?

The Foundation primarily funds programs and initiatives. including capital funding. However, the Foundation may consider funding for ongoing operations for organizations that are doing core work in the Foundation's focus areas.


Will you provide funding to hire a consultant?

The Foundation has limited funding available to support capacity building efforts by eligible organizations working in one of the Foundation's focus areas.  Organizations interested in capacity building funding should contact the Foundation to discuss.

Do you fund programs and initiatives for more than one year?

The Foundation will consider multiyear funding.  However, the second and third years of funding are contingent upon satisfactory results or progress in the previous year of funding.  Annual progress reports are required for multi-year grants.  Progress reports can be submitted in letter form, via email.


Can an organization receive grants more than once from the Foundation?

The Foundation has set no limit on the number of grants an organization can receive, nor minimum or maximum amounts for grants. 


If I have never submitted a grant application before, is someone available to help me?

If you are unsure of how to proceed with the application process, call the Foundation office at 634-1669. A staff member will be happy to talk with you about the process.


Do you fund medical research?